Cookie Consent

Monday, February 04, 2013

Love and Enlightenment

1 COR
(4-10)
Charity is patient, is kind:  charity envieth not, dealeth not perversely;  is not puffed up; Is not ambitious, seeketh not her own, is not provoked to anger, thinketh no evil;  Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth with the truth;  Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.  Charity never falleth away:  whether prophecies shall be made void or tongues shall cease, or knowledge shall be destroyed.  For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.  But when that which is perfect is come, that which is in part shall be done away.

(11-13)
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child.  But when I became a man, I put away the things of a child.  We see now through a glass in a dark manner;  but then face to face.  Now I know in part;  but then I shall know even as I am known.  And now there remain faith, hope, and charity, these three:  but the greatest of these is charity.

Douay-Rhiems Bible

No comments: